it seems like a few days each month i just can’t get into my art room and create. i’ve learned to not beat myself up about it, but rather to go with the flow and do other productive things. once i changed my expectations for myself, it changed everything. here are a few things you can do if you find yourself in a creative funk. don’t sweat it, you’ll be back in no time.
- watch how-to videos and tutorials. i’ve watched good ones on nicole’s classes and in the going home to roost’s tribe
- you can also watch the amazing video interviews of smart creative women
- clean out your email inbox – elise has a great blog post about how to do it. i got rid of 550 email posts last time i was stuck on the couch.
- catchup on your google reader, bloglovin’ or other feed reader
- read – i’m currently reading steven pressfield’s the war of art. it totally got my lazy butt off the couch yesterday and i started 3 paintings. fantastic book. every creative person (i believe that’s ALL of us) should have it on their bedside table.
- get caught up on that pile of magazines you’ve been meaning to read. uppercase is a good one.
- pin pretty things on pinterest. maybe even start a secret board!
any other ideas? what do you when you just can’t create?